The big, red, flowery, chocolate drenched holiday is upon! Soon people will be scrambling to plan the perfect date. Figuring out where to go to dinner and what kind of candy to buy are easy. Most of Valentine’s Day is a foregone conclusion in terms of options. Perhaps less obvious, though, is a list of go-to songs about the holiday. Think about it. There aren’t any songs that are specific to Cupid’s play day. You could do the obvious and create a playlist with nothing but romantic love songs, but we thought it would be more fun to use a theme. So, we created a playlist that features songs that all have the word heart in the title. Some are sappy love songs, and others are the lamentations of lovers scorned. We figured there should be something for everybody.
We chose the heart because it is so strongly associated with love. The organ itself is considered our emotional center, despite the fact that these things are mostly regulated by the brain. The shape of a pictorial heart loosely alludes to the anatomical heart, but it is mostly a stand-alone symbol. Interestingly, it also looks a bit like the tip of an arrow. This makes it a great pairing with dear Cupid who is so fond of sending romantic notions sailing through the air. Something you may not be aware of is that when two people kiss while facing each other their heads form a heart – the bottom tip of which is where their chins meet. Cute!
With a little heart trivia for you mind you can now turn your attention to your ears!
- The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez
- Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue
- My Selfish Heart by Meghan Trainor
- Elastic Heart by Sia
- Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson
- Tell It To My Heart by Taylor Dane
- Mama’s Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert
- Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri
- My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
- Cold Cold Heart by Norah Jones
- Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis Presley
- Heartbreak Warfare by John Mayer
- Heart Of Gold by Neil Young
- My Heart Is Open by Maroon 5
- Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding
Happy Valentine’s Day!