The experts say there are certain steps to decorating the tree. Who knew?!? Below you will find the order you’ll want to decorate your tree in order to minimize stress and maximize your decorating efforts!
- First, put on the lights. You will need about 100 lights per every vertical foot.
- Then add the garland. Start at the top of the tree and slowly increase the amount of garland between each wave as you work your way down the branches. Plan to use about two strands of garland for every vertical foot of tree. To avoid a busy look on your tree, use a variety of garlands from plain to fancy.
- Thin, beaded garlands look best hung from branch to branch; thicker paper, ribbon, or foil garlands look best wrapped loosely around the entire tree.
- Finally, put on the ornaments. To showcase your favorites, place them in prime positions on the tree first.
- Next, hang your larger ornaments, spacing them evenly around the tree. Fill in around those ornaments with medium- and small-size ornaments. Be sure to hang some ornaments closer to the trunk to create depth and interest.
We hope this tips help make your tree decorating a little less stressful this year! Enjoy!