Halloween can be an especially exciting time for homeowners who like to try out new things in the kitchen. From pumpkins to spiders, your food may not look exactly like food this season. For fun, edible dishes that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser, we have created our favorite “Spooky Halloween Dishes” to share with you. Let’s take a look!
Spooky Halloween Dishes:
Ingredients: A bag of pretzel sticks, white chocolate, food coloring, and candy eyeballs.
- Warm up a bag of white chocolate in a saucepan.
- Once the chocolates have melted, add a couple drops of food coloring into the pan. Make sure to mix the food coloring in well.
- On white parchment paper, you will want to group together little clusters of pretzel sticks. Let the pretzel sticks fall over one another creating a messing looking ball.
- Now, while the chocolate is still warm, you will want to pour it over each individual cluster that you created.
- Add on your candy eyeballs and voila, you have a deliciously melted monster.
Spider Web Pizzas.
Ingredients: Pizza dough, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and black olives.
- While you are creating your pizza masterpiece, be sure to lay the cheese down in stringy lines.
- On top of the lines, you can place one black olive (the spider’s body) and 3 slices of a different olive on each side of the body (the spider’s legs). This way when your pizza comes out of the oven, it will look like some creepy critters have made spider webs on it.
Candy Corn Puppy Chow.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup Peanut butter, 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 cup of candy corn, & 9 cups of Rice Chex cereal.
- In a saucepan, melt together the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Make sure to continuously stir the spooky mixture.
- Once it creates a smooth texture, you can add in your vanilla extract.
- Next, you will add in your Rice Chex cereal. Make sure that each piece of cereal has been properly coated by the delicious chocolate mixture.
- Lastly, you will sprinkle in the powder sugar.
- Once the powder sugar has evenly covered the cereal, you can finish it off with candy corn and all of your other favorite Halloween candies.
Pumpkin Deviled Eggs:
Ingredients: Peeled and cut hardboiled eggs, paprika, and a basil leaf.
- Once you have hardboiled your eggs, you want to make sure that they are peeled and cut in half.
- After you cut them in half, sprinkle paprika on the yellow part of the hardboiled egg. Then cut a small piece of basil leaf and place it at the top of the paprika-covered yellow part. This will make your hardboiled egg look like a delicate pumpkin! It is a fun and healthy option for your party.
Ingredients: Fresh strawberries, white chocolate, and a black edible ink pen.
- Once your strawberries have been washed and dried, you can place them on top of parchment paper.
- On your stovetop, you will want to melt the chocolate in a saucepan. Make sure to be continuously stirring the mixture.
- After the chocolate has melted, take the strawberries by their stems and dip them in the chocolate.
- You will want to lay them out on the parchment paper to harden.
- Once they have hardened, you can draw on the ghost’s face with your black edible pen.
We hope you enjoyed these delicious treat ideas and that you have a happy, spooky Halloween!