You have decided to remodel your bathroom and create a whole new look. Whether you are planning on selling your home or want a more updated look, a bathroom remodel can add value to your home. Bathrooms and kitchens can be two of the most valuable rooms for home buyers. Plus, a lot comes along with updating your bathroom, and one of the toughest decisions is choosing a new sink. Sinks can capitative your guests’ attention with their detail and structural appeal and classically tie together the rest of the bathroom.
Let us take a look at the different types of sinks available to homeowners:
- Console Sinks: A console sink is a basin that sits on top of a table-like structure. The basin is held up by two to four legs and has an open space underneath it. The underneath space can be left empty or used to store a basket, trash can, etc. Most homeowners that choose this sink prefer its clean, classic look.
- Countertop Sinks: These sinks are perfect for homeowners who have already set their heart on a bathroom countertop. They sit on top of the bathroom’s countertop and are usually a bowl like-shape.
- Integrated Sinks: You have probably seen these sinks at fancy restaurants. These sinks add a touch of elegance and awe to the space by their flat edges that are flush with the countertop. The eyes cannot discern what is counter and what is sink with this alluring piece. Homeowners who want to make a statement should definitely consider an integrated sink.
- Self-rimming Sinks: When you think of a typical bathroom sink, this is probably the sink that comes to mind. The basin is put into a pre-cut hole then leaves a little bit of sink rimming the countertop.
- Under-counter Sinks: You will find these sinks mostly in kitchens, but that is not to say that they cannot be used in bathrooms. These sinks look great with stone and solid surfaced countertops. The basin goes deep beneath the countertop level and provides plenty of room.
- Vanity Sinks: These sinks are placed on top of cabinets. Vanity sinks are an extremely popular choice for homeowners because they provide bathroom storage.
- Vessel Sinks: A vessel sink is a “decorative bowl” that is placed on top of your countertop. Homeowners love this artistic look for their bathrooms because of its beauty and appeal.
- Wall-hung Sinks: The name is literally the meaning of this sink. The sink hangs from the wall and has nothing above or below it. It is a very modern, classic look for homeowners’ bathrooms.
If you decide to update your bathroom flooring, you know who to call. We are happy to help you choose the perfect flooring for your update. Plus, we now offer free in-home estimates. All you have to do is fill out the form and we will contact you with further details.