Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie for the holidays? Pumpkin is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals! Think about curling up to a warm fire while sharing this amazing smoothie with family and friends. Also, smoothies are perfect for busy mornings just pour and go, or put in a thermos for a lunch treat.
After some research, we found that smoothie enthusiasts recommend using cooked/cooled pumpkin over raw pumpkin for added flavor. Another favorite to use is organic canned pumpkin for a tastier smoothie. We know how busy you are during the holidays, enjoy the quick and easy vegan pumpkin pie smoothie recipe listed below.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – Ingredients:
For ingredients, if not in your kitchen arsenal go to your wholesome grocery store and purchase the following ingredients:
- ½ cup vegan canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 ounces unsweetened almond milk, depending on the thickness of the smoothie. 8 ounces for a thicker smoothie, 9 to 10 ounces for a creamier smoothie.
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons almonds. Tablespoons depending on your nutty preference
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – Mixing Instructions:
If you are a food lover you’ll have a blender in your kitchen arsenal. If not, go to your local big box store and purchase. Also, visit one of your local non-profit second-hand stores and purchase a used one. Typically, second-hand stores will allow you to plug in the item to verify it is working properly. Also, don’t forget to ask if there is an instruction manual. If not, simply search for the make and model online and download the instruction manual. Otherwise, blenders are very easy to use.
- Add milk to blender, add fruit, add pumpkin, add nuts and spices. Lastly, add the spinach. Blend on high for approximately 30 seconds or longer if you want a creamier smoothie. Refrigerate leftover smoothie.
- 325 calories
Cheers, and enjoy!