Lighting can be an essential part of your bathroom’s design and even your day. Typically, the bathroom is the first place you will see yourself in the morning. From applying makeup to shaving facial hair, the lighting in your bathroom is important for daily functional use. Do not let your bathroom’s lighting fall short of your dream expectations, but do something about it.
How to Choose Bathroom Lighting:
- Explore Various Lighting Stores. Instead of settling on what you are used to, explore lighting stores to get an idea of all the lighting options available. You may be surprised to find that there are more options than just the idea you have in your head.
- Ask an Expert. While you are at a lighting store, show the salesman some photos of your bathroom and ask for some suggestions. You do not have to buy anything right at that moment, but it is a good idea to get someone else’s viewpoint in the room.
- Get More than One. You should not only have one light source for your entire bathroom; you should actually have four. The four different light types you can include are:
- Accent Lighting: Provide an “accent” on features in your bathroom.
- Ambient Lighting: Creates soft shadows and sets a relaxing mood.
- Decorative Lighting: Statement pieces that draw attention to their beauty.
- Task Lighting: Think of this lighting as the one that will help you complete your “tasks” like applying makeup and shaving. The best location for this lighting is above your mirror or on the wall. Keep in mind that this lighting is the most important of the four; you want to make sure it is well-light and does its job.
- Dimmers. You may want to invest in dimmers instead of having bright lights hitting your eyes at night.
- Natural Lighting. You may think that actual light fixtures are all you need, but you would be wrong. Natural lighting is one of the most important aspects of a home bathroom. Skylights and windows can provide a lighting that will never be matched by light fixtures. Make sure to incorporate natural lighting into your home bathroom.
Now that you have taken care of the lighting in your bathroom, all you need is new flooring. Look around our online catalog to gain inspiration or visit us at one of our locations to see our showroom. We look forward to working with you.