Fashion’s recent liberation of casual clothes from part time use to full time fabulous has opened up wardrobe possibilities never before thought possible! For example, who would have thought that the sweatshirt would one day be the perfect match for a sequin skirt? Well, the same holds true for sneakers. Gone are the days of wishing you could wear them somewhere other than the gym. They are now a fashion staple and we think the trend is here to stay. It’s simply a matter of styling them so they look like an intentional part of your outfit. (Not like you got dressed in the dark!) To help you enjoy, even indulge, in this wonderful new option we’re sharing eight great outfits. To be sure our outfits make sense, we’ll start with a quick description of each kind of sneaker!
- Sport sneakers – typically worn to work out or play sports
- Low rise lace up sneakers – timeless sneakers, such as those made by Converse
- Fashion sneakers – look similar to sport sneakers but featuring fashion colors and embellishments
Now that you’ve got the picture, here are the looks!
- Black sport sneakers, cropped black high waisted casual cotton ankle pants, any color basic t-shirt tied at the waist, funky necklace.
- White lace up sneakers, light blue embellished skinny jeans, basic white v-neck t-shirt, casual hip length blazer.
- Blue fashion sneakers, leather leggings, long basic grey crewneck t-shirt, thigh length denim shirt with sleeves pushed back to the elbows, statement earrings, watch, classic black leather bag.
- Green lace up sneakers, indigo blue casual cotton ankle length pants with pockets, classic grey sweatshirt, motorcycle jacket.
- Black sport sneakers, leather mini skirt, basic grey sweatshirt.
- Grey lace up sneakers, neutral sequin skirt, oversized white crewneck t-shirt, hip length classic denim jacket, black leather bag.
- Cream lace up sneakers, blue and white pinstriped button up shirt tucked in only at the front, white leather belt, distressed straight cut blue jeans rolled at the ankles, classic silver watch.
- White embellished lace up sneakers, basic white cotton shift dress, ¾ length grey cardigan with asymmetrical hem, silk scarf draped around neck, black leather bag.