Why is it so hard to buy for men? It seems like every holiday we sit and ponder what in the world Dad would like. Why not give him the gift that keeps on giving…to everyone in the house! Create a gift package comprised entirely of home improvement tools. Sure, you have a little bit of an ulterior motive with this. But he’ll love it so much it won’t matter. Here are our top suggestions:
- Use brown craft paper, found in the paint section, to wrap gifts. He’s sure to like it better than the pretty stuff. Want extra points? Use ribbon in the colors of his favorite sports team!
- Use paint sample cards to make a greeting card.
- Package together Reese’s Pieces candy and new drill bits with a card that says “I love you to bits and pieces!”
- Use canvas tool caddy in place of a gift basket to hold the new tools he’s had his eye on.
- Include a magnetic wristband. They’re designed to hold small pieces such as screws, nuts, and bolts while he’s working. Very cool.
- By way of email, send him a link to the awesome new level apps available for smart phones. You simply hold the phone up to the item you’re installing and just like a regular level it will check the balance with a bubble.
- Include a spotlight headband. He will love it!
- Include a real painter’s tarp. It has a million uses and it will protect your floors from those mistakes he NEVER makes!
- Last but not least, think about space. If you have garage that is cluttered with all sorts of stuff, clean up an entire corner of it and leave it empty. Hang a sign that says “This space is all yours!” Careful though, he may never come back in the house!
Leave a Reply