Valentine’s Day is definitely a holiday that is more enjoyable with the presence of music. This could be romantic mandolin playing softly near your dinner table at a restaurant. Or fun tunes at a dance club where you and your girlfriends have gone for the night because you want to celebrate the fun of being single. In either case the challenge is finding music that represents the holiday well, because it’s not necessarily associated with specific songs. Surely romantic music is a given, but that’s a vast range of possibilities! So, we created a playlist for you that specifically includes songs that have the word romance in the title.
The word romance has so many different definitions. It can be love, a novel, a character quality, a way of communicating, or a way of treating someone. Its origins are thought to be around the 13th century and it has French, Romanic and Latin influences. With such a rich history we think it worthy of its own playlist! To be fair, we’re including some songs that are less than appreciative of Cupid’s efforts. Let’s face it. Valentine’s Day isn’t always a welcome thing!
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
- My Romance by Chris Botti
- Goodbye to Romance by Ozzy Osbourne
- Divine Romance by Phil Wickham
- Romance Is Dead by Paloma Faith
- The Swiss Army Romance by Dashboard Confessional
- Cowboy Romance by Natalie Merchant
- A Certain Romance by Arctic Monkeys
- Third Rate Romance by Sammy Kershaw
- Segundo Romance Medley by Luis Miguel
- Runway Romance by Brad Paisley
- True Romance by Citizens!
- Romance In Durango by Bob Dylan
- Romance by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Whether it’s a true romance or a bad romance you now have song to express your opinion!