Do you have a problem with household clutter? Do you set your car keys down only to have trouble finding them? Usually the problem is a lack of organization and a place to store things. Sometimes in a cluttered house the materials and things start to pile up. Its time to get rid of the clutter and start an organizational house cleaning. This does not need to happen over night. Take your time and try not to get over whelmed. Take it room by room. Look at the storage features in each room, and add new closets if you need to. You can even have creative storage places along one side of your living room. A lot of the storage spaces can actually add to your decor.
Using the room by room method, sit down and take notes on how you can solve your clutter problem. For instance if you are sitting in your bedroom, look around and take notes on what is causing the most clutter. You might have to donate items and clothes to a local charity, or even toss some things out. Garage sales are nice, but involve a large amount of work, pricing and planning. Sometimes it is best to forgo something which involves creating another problem with time and energy. Just take your time, sort out things room by room, and install and create creative storage spaces if you need to.
What Are Some Good Tips for Getting Rid of Household Clutter?
In addition to the tips mentioned above, you might also like these easy tips for cleaning and preventing clutter.
- Have a place for your mail when it is brought in.
- Have a special place by the door to hang your car keys. Create steady habits to make your life easier.
- Have an entryway complete with coat rack and umbrella stand.
- Keep dirty clothes bins in each room where clothes are changed.
- Teach children to clean up after themselves and have a special place for their belongings.
- Keep your kitchen table and top of your refrigerator clean of clutter. This is a common catch all. Make your table beautiful by adding a center piece and a beautiful table cloth if you are of traditional design. Modern usually looks better without table cloth and a sleek clean design. Think of the beauty your clutter is hiding.
Applying Getting Rid of Clutter to Your Household
Getting rid of household clutter can become a life style choice. You will be much more productive in an environment that is tidy and rid of clutter. After awhile you will love your decor so much that is shining through, you will automatically notice when something is out of place. Make it your choice to live in a household without clutter, by adopting good organizational habits.