Unless your closet is the size of Khloe Khardasian’s, you are going to need to move your summer wear and shoes to another location. Here are a few tips to make sure that you start the winter season off right.
- Start by sorting through your clothes. Move all your summer dresses, shorts, tank tops and flip-flops.
- Give away anything in bad condition, outdated or that you haven’t worn in two seasons.
- Mend any clothes that need it. Repair and re-heel shoes if necessary. You want to put everything away in good condition so that it is ready to go when the weather gets warmer.
- Now where to put all this stuff? Get boxes that fit under your bed or move clothes to another closet.
- Move your winter sweaters, pants and skirts to the middle of your closet.
- Put all of your sweaters together, all of your cardigans together, and all of your turtlenecks together. Then within each category, group by color.
- Line your winter boots up by color as well.
Determine if you need to buy anything new for the season. Are your black boots really that shabby or do they just need a good polish? Do you need a sweater in a trendy new color?
Remember this is also the time to go through your coat closet and put away your summer gear. Break out the winter coats and see if any need to be dry-cleaned or mended.