Summer is over, fall is on the way. Crisp autumn days and kids back to school. Now is the time to do a few projects at home. Here’s a quick list for some of the things in your home you might forget to add to your chore list!
- Take down your drapes, wash them and rehang them.
- Vacuum and wipe down your blinds.
- Vacuum and wipe down your baseboards.
- Hire a window washer and get your windows sparkling clean.
- Clean out the hall closet to make room for new jackets, backpacks and sporting gear.
- Go through your pantry and discard any expired items. Make a list of foods and essentials that will make packing lunches easy.
- Go through your closets and donate pieces that are out of date or that you haven’t worn in over a year.
- Have your kids go through their toys and donate ones they have outgrown.
- Go through the linen closet and donate old towels and sheets. Purchase new sets if need be.
- Call the cable company/cell phone company/public service to see if you can lower any of your bills.
- Dust all of your light fixtures.
- Remember also to clean out the lint trap in your dryer.
- Run a bleach cycle through your washing machine.
- Better yet, clean your coffee maker!
This seems like a lot of tasks, but a clean and efficient house runs much better than a messy, unorganized one.