If you survived Thanksgiving and are feeling the pressure of Christmas coming, we are here to help! There are so many already aired holiday ads, and the stores have had their winter holiday aisles up since Halloween! Retailers certainly won’t let us forget that the holidays are almost upon us. Our email inboxes are already full of coupons for holiday cards and ideas for holiday meals. So, have you made your appointment for your family holiday photo yet? Are YOU ready for the holidays?
Without putting the horse before the cart, here is a checklist of items you can do now so that you are not overwhelmed as the holiday season arrives.
- Get out your holiday recipes. Check your pantry to make sure you have what you need so you don’t have to run to the store in the midst of holiday food prep.
- Plan your meal. Order your prime rib or ham, if that’s what’s on the menu. Your butcher will thank you for not waiting until the last minute.
- Plan your holiday baking. You can easily make breads and cookies now and freeze them for next month.
- Buy containers for freezer meals, holiday gifts and baked goods. The stores are full of holiday themed disposable ware.
- Take stock of your china, holiday tablecloths, serving pieces and stemware. If you need additional items you have plenty of time to look for sales.
- Review your address book. Update any changes and count how many holiday cards you need to order. It’s also not too early to start writing your holiday letter.
- Make your gift list and plan your budget. Look through your wrapping supplies and see if you need extra tissue paper, ribbons and bows.
- Make travel arrangements if you will be visiting family out of town. Service your car so that it is ready for the trek to Grandma’s house.
- If you are hosting family, check your supply of extra linens, towels and throw blankets. Schedule carpet cleaning, window washing and a professional house cleaning so that your home is sparkling.
- And finally, don’t forget to plan for a haircut, and a mani/pedi so that you start the holiday season relaxed and looking great.
- Check out our Holiday Pinterest board for more ideas!
We hope this list helps you feel more at ease and prepared for the upcoming holidays!