You live a busy life. Between your work life and home life, you barely have time to relax. Living this busy type of lifestyle can lead to an unorganized, messy home. To prevent unorganized chaos, we came up with simple organization tips for the busy homeowners. No matter what life throws at you, you will be able to organize and stay organized with these simple tips!
Organization Tips for The Busy Homeowner:
- Go Big or Go Home. You will want to start off with your biggest organization project. By starting off with the most difficult task, you will use up your energy on the hardest tasks. If by the end of the process you are tired, you will be left with easier, smaller projects.
- Make a List. All successful projects are thoroughly planned out and well-prepared. Create a game plan for how you want to organize your home. Be sure to make a timeline while leaving buffer room for unforeseen circumstances. If done properly, your home can be completely organized in one weekend.
- Repurpose. Before you go out and buy all new containers, look at the current empty jars and containers that you already own. Candle jars, mason jars, and mini glass containers are just a few examples of organizers that you already own. Take a look around your home to find things that may be useful in your organizing project.
- Learn to Say “No.” A big problem that homeowners will face during the organization process is that they own too many things. It is easy to get carried away with buying new items, but try to keep an eye on what you are buying. The more you buy, the less room you have to store it. Expert organizers recommend following the two-week rule. If you see an item that you really want, wait two weeks. If in two weeks you still want it, you can go back and get it. Experts believe that most purchases tend to be impulse buys and this rule will help you save money and space.
- Seasonal Storage. A great tip for storing your seasonal items is to place them in hard-to-reach places. This will free up the bottom shelves that you can easily reach for more important items.
- Make a Donation. A great way to keep your home clean and organized is to donate some items you do not use. Be sure to go through your items and separate them into three piles: keep, donate, and trash.
- Follow The Rainbow. Let colors help organize your home. From filing cabinets to closets, organizing by colors can keep your items easily accessible.
- If Walls Could Talk. Walls are more than supportive insulators. Walls can help keep your home organized this season. Be sure to install shelving, cabinets, and hooks on your walls to maximize your storage possibilities.
We hope you enjoyed these simple tips for staying organized. Be sure to check back weekly for more updates and posts!