It might be hard to believe that something as stinky as vinegar could help transform your house into a fresher more comfortable home, but it’s true. This inexpensive, multipurpose liquid works wonders with little to no effort on your part. Try these awesome ideas!
- Restore some sparkle by using it to clean tarnished jewelry and polish the good silver. Grandma would be so proud!
- Hand it to your husband and ask him to clean the windows. It works wonders. If he’s hesitant tell him it’s an old military trick. He’ll feel tough and smart.
- Insist that when the kids help with the laundry they add vinegar to a load of towels. Kids are famous for starting the wash and never moving anything to the dryer. Hello mildew! Vinegar helps remove the mildew smell. Of course, if you’re not a fan of washing everything twice, it might be best to assign the “less focused” people in the house a different chore.
- Speaking of kids, why oh why do they refuse to cover anything they put in the microwave? After a few uses by young ones in the house the microwave usually resembles some sort of food Armageddon! Make the resulting clean up job much easier by boiling ½ cup of water and ½ cup of vinegar in a microwave safe bowl. It helps loosen dry, stuck-on food particles.
- Fresh fruit and veggies are delightful but what is with those pesky fruit flies that are so aggravating? Get rid of the nuisance by setting out a small dish of vinegar.
- Do you have a husband who is obsessed with the grill, and then brings his grilling passion indoors when it’s cold outside? Thereby annihilating your clean oven with his creations? If so, there’s likely a great deal of grease to contend with. Using white vinegar on the cooking surfaces, such as the wire racks, works like a charm to degrease them.
- Spruce up your shower experience by using vinegar to unclog the shower head. Use a gallon size Ziploc bag and fill it with 1 cup of vinegar and ½ cup baking soda. Use a strong rubber band to secure it tightly around the shower head, and let it soak for one hour. The grime will be gone, the shower head will spray evenly, and you’ll be singing in there in no time!